Forum: Ruby 'require' does not work under mod_ruby

Frantisek Fuka (Guest)
When using: "require 'engine.rbx'" under mod_ruby, I get "File does not
exist" error. However, if I change "require" to "load", it gets loaded
allright. the file and it directory has correct permissions (755).
"Untaint"-ing the file does solve the problem.

I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the
file does not exist when it evidentnly does?
Jakub H. (Guest)
Frantisek Fuka wrote:
> When using: "require 'engine.rbx'" under mod_ruby, I get "File does not
> exist" error. However, if I change "require" to "load", it gets loaded
> allright. the file and it directory has correct permissions (755).
> "Untaint"-ing the file does solve the problem.
>
> I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the
> file does not exist when it evidentnly does?

chmod +x engine.rbx

Nezabírá?

Kyosuke ;-)
Frantisek Fuka (Guest)
A mentioned in my original post, the file already has permissions set
to "755". Thus, "chmod +x" does nothing.
WATANABE Hirofumi (Guest)

"Frantisek Fuka" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> When using: "require 'engine.rbx'" under mod_ruby, I get "File does not
> exist" error. However, if I change "require" to "load", it gets loaded
> allright. the file and it directory has correct permissions (755).
> "Untaint"-ing the file does solve the problem.
>
> I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the
> file does not exist when it evidentnly does?

See ri 'Kernel#require'.

  If the file has the extension ``.rb'', it is loaded as a source file;
  if the extension is ``.so'', ``.o'', or ``.dll'', or whatever the
  default shared library extension is on the current platform, Ruby
  loads the shared library as a Ruby extension.
  Otherwise, Ruby tries adding ``.rb'', ``.so'', and so on to the name.
Jakub H. (Guest)
WATANABE Hirofumi wrote:
>> I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the

Oops! Right now I tried this, it really behaves this way. I suspected
initially that this was the case, but in a quick experiment it had
worked for both "require" and "load", so I became confused. But now I
realized I tried it with ".rb" extension rather than ".rbx". /me stupid.

I didn't notice the "file" part in the "file _and_ directory have
correct permissions", so the permissions problem as a logical
afterthought and advice didn't strike this obstacle. :-D

Jakub