Forum: Ruby on Rails how to format and syntax highlight code in html

Charlie B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-26 03:32
I've written my own blog (I know typo is better, but I wanted the
experience of writing my own) and I want to add syntax highlighting to
it.  I've read about using the ruby gem syntax but I can't figure out
how to implement it.  I've also wondered if it could be used in my case.
How does it work when you have a long line of code but the <div> your
writing in is narrow?  How would you fix this problem?

charlie bowman
recentrambles.com
Charlie B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-26 23:47
Has no one tried to display code on thier blog?  I know that there must
be a good way of doing it.

charlie bowman wrote:
> I've written my own blog (I know typo is better, but I wanted the
> experience of writing my own) and I want to add syntax highlighting to
> it.  I've read about using the ruby gem syntax but I can't figure out
> how to implement it.  I've also wondered if it could be used in my case.
> How does it work when you have a long line of code but the <div> your
> writing in is narrow?  How would you fix this problem?
>
> charlie bowman
> recentrambles.com
Sean S. (Guest)
Take a look at the typo source and browse the code related to text
filter used for syntax.

<http://www.typosphere.org/trac/browser/trunk>

There are lots of good things to learn from viewing Typo code besides
this too... :)

-Sean
Charlie B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-27 03:24