Forum: Ruby FOX widget layout

Mark V. (Guest)
Does FOX have a layout manager that can layout widgets in rows and
columns AND allow a widget to span more than one row and/or column?
Tk can do this.  In Java Swing I do this with GridBagLayout.  FOX has
the layout FXMatrix, but I didn't see a way to span rows and columns.
Meinrad R. (Guest)
On 2/25/06, Mark V. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Does FOX have a layout manager that can layout widgets in rows and
> columns AND allow a widget to span more than one row and/or column?
> Tk can do this.  In Java Swing I do this with GridBagLayout.  FOX has
> the layout FXMatrix, but I didn't see a way to span rows and columns.

afaik, there is no such layout.
FXTable can span cells, but the cells can only display text and icons.
no
possibility to link widgets in.

however it is possible to write your own layout algorithm using the
LAYOUT_EXPLICIT setting and letting the algorithm manage the
widgets x/y/width/height attributes. if you happen to do this please
share
the code with us ^^.

hth,
-- henon