Forum: Ruby on Rails [OT-ish] Rails, Mongrel and apache

Brian (Guest)
on 2006-02-25 21:05
This is kind of off topic.  I want to put my fancy rails app (myapp) as
a subdirectory on my os x server.  so my osx server works fine right now
as www.mydomain.com.  How do I tell apache (1.3 i think) to proxy web
requests for a subdirectory /myapp to localhost:3000 where I have
mongrel running (Jed, you rock)?

I googled, but I don't know the right words to use, so I'm not getting
far.  I know mod_proxy comes in to play some where.  That's as far as I
can get.

clueless in Denver,

Brian
Mikkel B. (Guest)
read http://manuals.textdrive.com/read/book/9 and replace lighttpd with
mongrel...

On Saturday, February 25, 2006, at 8:05 PM, Brian wrote:
>clueless in Denver,
>
>Brian
>
>--

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
Zed S. (Guest)
In addition to Mikkel's information you can read a little write-up I did
with how to do a small cluster based on lighttpd and Mongrel:

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/lighttpd.html

OT:  Someone told me that Apache can't do mod_proxy to a group of
servers.
Is this actually true?

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/

(P.S. 'Z'ed not 'J'ed, but yeah they both sound hick.)
Craig W. (Guest)
On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 19:25 -0500, Zed S. wrote:

> (P.S. 'Z'ed not 'J'ed, but yeah they both sound hick.)
----
as in..."Zed's dead, honey"

;-)

Craig
Brian (Guest)
on 2006-02-26 02:39
'Z'ed said:

> (P.S. 'Z'ed not 'J'ed, but yeah they both sound hick.)

Thanks for the info, and for Mongrel itself.  As a "brian" who has been
called "Kevin" all his life, I should have done better (especially since
I've been to your site a hundred times over the last week)

Sorry for the gsub.  And Mongrel really does rock.

Brian
Steven L. (Guest)
Zed S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:
> (P.S. 'Z'ed not 'J'ed, but yeah they both sound hick.)

"Whose web server is this?"

"It's a web application server, baby."

"Whose web application server is this?"

"It's Zed's."

Steve

(http://imdb.com/title/tt0110912/quotes)
Craig W. (Guest)
On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 15:35 -0800, Steven L. wrote:
> Zed S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:
> > (P.S. 'Z'ed not 'J'ed, but yeah they both sound hick.)
>
> "Whose web server is this?"
>
> "It's a web application server, baby."
>
> "Whose web application server is this?"
>
> "It's Zed's."