Forum: Ruby on Rails A Couple of Questions

David Newberger (Guest)
Hi All,

I have been using Ruby and Rails for only a few short days and I am
loving it so far. I have a couple of questions relating to a specific
project I am working.

1. I am wondering about sessions expiring after a set period of in
activity and what would be the easiest way to set it up.
2. I would like to be able to users on the system. Each of these users
has a login of there own. Each session tied to a user has a 5 min expire
on in activity. Finally I can do a daily, weekly, or monthly report on
the users activity for a given period of time.

I know this last question is like 4 questions in one but I thought I
would throw it out there and see what happens.

--
David Newberger
Daddy, Geek, Blogger

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoChang...

> 2. I would like to be able to users on the system. Each of these
> users has a login of there own. Each session tied to a user has a 5
> min expire on in activity. Finally I can do a daily, weekly, or
> monthly report on the users activity for a given period of time.
>
> I know this last question is like 4 questions in one but I thought
> I would throw it out there and see what happens.

Actually, it's more like 0 questions. But if you are asking how to do
user authentication, check http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/
SaltedHashLoginGenerator. If you're asking about something else, you
need to be more specific.

--
Jakob S. - http://mentalized.net
David Newberger (Guest)