Forum: Ruby select()

misiek (Guest)
I got for now this code html

<select name="visible">
     <option value="1" selected="selected">Yes</option>
     <option value="0">No</option>
  </select> display

I need to transfer this code to ruby
some like =>

<%= select("property", "location_id",Location.find(:all, :conditions =>
"name != '' ").collect {|p| [p.name, p.id]}, { :include_blank => false
}) %>

function above look for from database some data and put it into the drop
box fields
I need display only YES and NO and set them values 0 and 1

any ideas ?
Justin C. (Guest)
misiek wrote:
> <%= select("property", "location_id",Location.find(:all, :conditions
> => "name != '' ").collect {|p| [p.name, p.id]}, { :include_blank =>
> false }) %>
>
> function above look for from database some data and put it into the
> drop box fields
> I need display only YES and NO and set them values 0 and 1
>
> any ideas ?

Have you looked at erb
(http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/erb/rdoc/index.html) or the CGI
standard library
(http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/cgi/rdoc/index.html)?

Or do you mean parsing the HTML and making into that code?

-Justin
Justin B. (Guest)
Go to http://api.rubyonrails.com/ and click on the Method named
"collection_select". It does just what you want.
Kevin O. (Guest)
Why not use a check box?  I always hated drop downs for binary state
variables.

_Kevin