Forum: Ruby on Rails MySQL client used in online presentation?

Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi, could someone tell me the name of the MySQL that's being used with
the
online presentation:

http://media.rubyonrails.org/video/rails_take2_wit...

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad
Ryan P. (Guest)
I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you are asking what type of
SQL
they are using in the demo, they are using MySQL.

You can find more info and downloads at their site http://www.mysql.com

HTH,
Ryan
George Razvan NICA (Guest)
Hi Conrad,

> Hi, could someone tell me the name of the MySQL that's being used with the
> online presentation:
> http://media.rubyonrails.org/video/rails_take2_wit...

If you are referring to the application used to manage MySQL that is
used in the demo, David is using CocoaMySQL, a MacOSX application. You
can find it at the URL below:

http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net/

--
GRN
http://nano.cube.ro - starting small. going big.
George Razvan NICA wrote:
> can find it at the URL below:
>
> http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net

CocoaMySQL is a bit dated.  A more recent option if you absolutely need
a MySQL front-end is YourSQL.

<http://yoursql.ludit.it/>

-Sean
George Razvan NICA (Guest)
Hi Sean,

On 2/25/06, Sean S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> George Razvan NICA wrote:
> > If you are referring to the application used to manage MySQL that is
> > used in the demo, David is using CocoaMySQL, a MacOSX application. You
> > can find it at the URL below:
> > http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net
> CocoaMySQL is a bit dated.  A more recent option if you absolutely need
> a MySQL front-end is YourSQL.
>
> <http://yoursql.ludit.it/>

Actually, I'm using CocoaMySQL-SBG, which can be found at the URL
below and is still under development, as opposed to the original
application. As a matter of fact a new version was released just 4
days ago (version 0.7.1) and also contains an universal binary.

http://theonline.org/cocoamysql/

--
GRN
http://nano.cube.ro - starting small. going big.
http://www.infinium.ro - agile IT solutions
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi, thanks for the information because I have tried MySQL Administrator
from
mysql.com and it wasn't functionally there yet.  Hence, I'll be logging
some
bugs this weekend as well as enhancements against it.  Thus, I was
looking
for another front-end for MySQL database engine.

Thanks again,

-Conrad
Sean S. (Guest)
George Razvan NICA wrote:

> http://theonline.org/cocoamysql/

Thanks for the link George.  Wasn't aware of the project.  Mmmmmm
Universal Binaries for my new toy. :)

-Sean