Forum: Ruby Subversion ruby bindings for win32

Luis L. (Guest)
on 2006-02-24 20:48
Already have tried contact subversion ppl, all without luck.

I'm limited to a winbox at the office, and wanted to run collaboa (which
uses svn ruby bindings).

The thing is that officialy there isn't (nor will be) official ruby
bindings for win32 (debian guy, Kouhei S.).

Tried compile subversion using vc2003, but raised some incompatibilities
in the process (anyway, I have free visual c, not visual studio, which
is needed).

Anyone made progress in this area? I know win32 isn't as good as linux
for this, but still want to try.

Thank you for your time,

Luis
Alex C. (Guest)
On 2/24/06, Luis L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Already have tried contact subversion ppl, all without luck.
>
> I'm limited to a winbox at the office, and wanted to run collaboa (which
> uses svn ruby bindings).
>
> The thing is that officialy there isn't (nor will be) official ruby
> bindings for win32 (debian guy, Kouhei S.).

You may already be aware, and if so then please ignore me, but there
is an svn binary available for Windows already. Perhaps building svn
yourself is
not even nessisary??
Luis L. (Guest)
on 2006-02-27 06:01
Alex C. wrote:
> On 2/24/06, Luis L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Already have tried contact subversion ppl, all without luck.
>>
>> I'm limited to a winbox at the office, and wanted to run collaboa (which
>> uses svn ruby bindings).
>>
>> The thing is that officialy there isn't (nor will be) official ruby
>> bindings for win32 (debian guy, Kouhei S.).
>
> You may already be aware, and if so then please ignore me, but there
> is an svn binary available for Windows already. Perhaps building svn
> yourself is
> not even nessisary??

You are talking about svn binaries, the command line tool you could use.
I'm aware of. thank you.

What I'm talking about is the ruby bindings which provide subversion
capabilities to your program, without using/doing system calls.

That bindings are the one used by collaboa (www.collaboa.org) to provide
trac-like interface (browser) to your repository.

Again, thank you for your answer.

Luis