Forum: Ruby on Rails Form within table?

David Olbersen (Guest)
Ok, I figured out my problem (kind of) from "Help a n00b?"

The problem was that (at least in Firefox) you can't have a form
within a table, it has to be the other way around. Once I put the
form on the outside everything started to work.

w00t!

--
David Olbersen
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
David Olbersen wrote:
> Ok, I figured out my problem (kind of) from "Help a n00b?"
>
> The problem was that (at least in Firefox) you can't have a form  within
> a table, it has to be the other way around. Once I put the  form on the

That is not a Firefox issue, it just isn't valid HTML.

However, it is possible to submit the form contents of a single row
within a table.
You have to use the :submit parameter for the link_to_remote function,
see:

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Help...

Cheers,

Erik.