Forum: Ruby ruby on gumstix

Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Looks like I will have a chance to play around with a small fleet of
Gumstix (http://www.gumstix.org/). Does anyone have any experience with
ruby on them? (They have linux 2.6 on flash, Intel XScale processor, and
gcc 3.4 toolchain, so it seems hopeful...)
Hal F. (Guest)
Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Looks like I will have a chance to play around with a small fleet of
> Gumstix (http://www.gumstix.org/). Does anyone have any experience with
> ruby on them? (They have linux 2.6 on flash, Intel XScale processor, and
> gcc 3.4 toolchain, so it seems hopeful...)

Duuude. I'm drooling here.

If I had infinite time, I'd be sticking Linux add-ons to my
toaster and coffeemaker.

Hal
Martin S. Weber (Guest)
On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 06:43:49PM +0900, Hal F. wrote:
> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> >Looks like I will have a chance to play around with a small fleet of
> >Gumstix (http://www.gumstix.org/). Does anyone have any experience with
> >ruby on them? (They have linux 2.6 on flash, Intel XScale processor, and
> >gcc 3.4 toolchain, so it seems hopeful...)
>
> Duuude. I'm drooling here.
>
> If I had infinite time, I'd be sticking Linux add-ons to my
> toaster and coffeemaker.

You don't need infinite time but something easy to port :)

http://www.embeddedarm.com/news/netbsd_toaster.htm (porting report &
technical details)
http://wickedways.org/articles/linuxworld2005/ (toaster pics)

That thing is no ADDON. NetBSD is *driving* the toaster. And oh yeah.
Ruby
should run on it, too :)

Regards,

-Martin
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Hal F. wrote:
> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>> Looks like I will have a chance to play around with a small fleet of
>> Gumstix (http://www.gumstix.org/). Does anyone have any experience with
>> ruby on them? (They have linux 2.6 on flash, Intel XScale processor, and
>> gcc 3.4 toolchain, so it seems hopeful...)
>
> Duuude. I'm drooling here.
>
> If I had infinite time, I'd be sticking Linux add-ons to my
> toaster and coffeemaker.

Well, to answer my own post, it looks like ruby is buildable, and may
make it into the standard set of tools:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg...