Forum: Ruby Re: Rubuntu LiveCD I need vim/emacs configs!

Peña, Botp (Guest)
On Behalf Of Pistos

#Well, I was about to toot my own horn, but it looks as though someone
#already mentioned it: I would be quite appreciative if you included
#Diakonos.  :)

Hi Pistos,

do you have gem for diakonos?
Thank you for the uber cool editor.

kind regards -botp

#Pistos
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-02-23 17:34
Peña, Botp wrote:
> do you have gem for diakonos?
> Thank you for the uber cool editor.

I would simply love to make a gem for Diakonos.  I have been wanting to
do so for many versions now.  Unfortunately, the rubygems technology
does not have any functionality that would allow me to place a
system-wide conf anywhere.  Until that happens, a Diakonos Ruby gem
would be either crippled, or impossible.  :(

At the moment, the tarballs include an old version of
http://www.mobiledude.com/projects/ruby/package.html , which seems to
work for now, but I know the Ruby community is all on the gems
bandwagon, so I feel really left out.  :(

Anyway, thank you for your kind comments about the editor.  :)  God be
praised!

Pistos
Logan C. (Guest)
On Feb 23, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Pistos C. wrote:

> I would simply love to make a gem for Diakonos.  I have been
> wanting to
> do so for many versions now.  Unfortunately, the rubygems technology
> does not have any functionality that would allow me to place a
> system-wide conf anywhere.  Until that happens, a Diakonos Ruby gem
> would be either crippled, or impossible.  :(

Speaking of the config file, is there a chance that the install could
stick the config in $PREFIX/etc?

Great editor btw.
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Feb 23, 2006, at 7:34 AM, Pistos C. wrote:

> --

Pistos-

	Diakonos is pretty sweet. I will definitely incldue it in rubuntu ;)

-Ezra
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-02-24 04:23
Logan C. wrote:
> Speaking of the config file, is there a chance that the install could
> stick the config in $PREFIX/etc?

If you use

$ ./setup.rb --help

it displays a plethora of path configuration options.  Some that may be
of interest to you:

     --prefix=PREFIX      path prefix of target environment [usr]
     --confdir=PREFIX     directory for conf files [/etc]
     --conf=PREFIX        absolute directory for conf files [usr/etc]

Diakonos only searches for a system-wide conf in the following places,
though:

        conf_dirs = [
            "/usr/local/etc/diakonos.conf",
            "/usr/etc/diakonos.conf",
            "/etc/diakonos.conf",
            "/usr/local/share/diakonos/diakonos.conf",
            "/usr/share/diakonos/diakonos.conf"
        ]

So if you put it somewhere besides one of those five locations, you'll
have to either specify the conf on the command line (with the
-c/--config option), or reference it inside your
~/.diakonos/diakonos.conf file.

HTH;
Pistos
Logan C. (Guest)
On Feb 23, 2006, at 9:23 PM, Pistos C. wrote:

> of interest to you:
>             "/usr/etc/diakonos.conf",
> HTH;
> Pistos
>
> --

Yeah, basically what I was hoping for is diakonos to remember the
prefix it was installed to and search accordingly.  (I like to
install things to /usr/local/$APP/, makes it easier to keep track of
what belongs to what. Although at this point my path var is rather
long :) )
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-02-24 17:25
Logan C. wrote:
> Yeah, basically what I was hoping for is diakonos to remember the
> prefix it was installed to and search accordingly.  (I like to
> install things to /usr/local/$APP/, makes it easier to keep track of
> what belongs to what. Although at this point my path var is rather
> long :) )

You could always just go in and hack that conf_dir Array for the time
being.  :)  I will file an issue ticket for this feature, though.
Logan C. (Guest)
On Feb 24, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Pistos C. wrote:

> You could always just go in and hack that conf_dir Array for the time
> being.  :)  I will file an issue ticket for this feature, though.

Thank you.