Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: pdf generators

jeff thompson (Guest)
So, I guess pdf::writer is the last word? Thanks all for your input.
Cheers. Jeff

http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
David M. (Guest)
Another vote for pdf::writer - it works well.

Regards

Dave M.
Tom W. (Guest)
So with PDF::Writer how are you guys handling the conflict with
transaction-simple? I have PDF::Writer working with Rails, but I had
to replace transaction-simple in ActiveRecord with 1.30. But in doing
that, the ActiveRecord tests fail at the transaction_test. The
application works, possibly because I don't use any transactions, but
I don't feel altogether comfortable.

It's interesting that if I run just transaction_test.rb it passes, but
if I run the whole test suite (using the Mysql adapter) it always
fails at line 201 of transaction_test.rb.

Are you guys replacing transaction-simple? Have you noticed this issue?

Thanks,
Tom
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 3/5/06, Tom W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Are you guys replacing transaction-simple? Have you noticed this issue?

I'd like to hear more about this. Others have reported this
infrequently, but often enough that I am aware of it. I have
recommended that the Rails team remove transaction simple from the
distribution and instead supply Transaction::Simple as a gem or other
dependency or at least to switch to Transaction::Simple 1.3
(PDF::Writer requires features available only in Transaction::Simple
1.3; future versions of the Ruby PDF tools will probably require a
later version if I can figure out how to fix some serious problems
with the Transaction::Simple model). Other than removing
transaction-simple from the Rails distribution, I can offer no other
fix.

-austin
Justin F. (Guest)
Austin Z. wrote:
> I have
> recommended that the Rails team remove transaction simple from the
> distribution and instead supply Transaction::Simple as a gem or other
> dependency or at least to switch to Transaction::Simple 1.3
> (PDF::Writer requires features available only in Transaction::Simple
> 1.3; future versions of the Ruby PDF tools will probably require a
> later version if I can figure out how to fix some serious problems
> with the Transaction::Simple model). Other than removing
> transaction-simple from the Rails distribution, I can offer no other
> fix.

This might be a good time to remind the core team, as they are on the
downhill run towards Rails 1.1

   Justin