Forum: Ruby on Rails Back returns "Warning: Page has Expired" ?!?!

gustav paul (Guest)
on 2006-02-22 22:40
Hey,

I've found that certain browsers (IE and Ffx in particular) display a
warning page whenever the user clicks on the 'back' button after having
just come from a page generated by a post. This makes perfect sense, it
warns users about duplicate rows being entered etc.

However! Is there anyway to gracefully redirect the user to a 'safe'
page say

  -- redirect_to :controller => 'main', :action => 'index'

since it really looks a bit weird when the user is happily browsing
along and suddenly gets (what he will think is) a error message warning
him about something!

Thanks a lot!

gustav
Andre (Guest)
on 2006-02-24 21:31
Hey Paul, any progress in this issue ??

I've found the link below, but not a proper solution yet
http://php4all.blogspot.com/2004/12/introduction-f...

Cheers,
Andre