Forum: Ruby 'why ruby?' presentations

unknown (Guest)
i know they crop up from time to time on the list...  if anyone out
there has
or knows of any good ones i'd like to browse them.  we're pushing ruby
and the
de-facto language behind a huge project so we'll need all the ammo we
can
find.

cheers.

-a
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)

> i know they crop up from time to time on the list...  if anyone out
> there has
> or knows of any good ones i'd like to browse them.  we're pushing ruby
> and the
> de-facto language behind a huge project so we'll need all the ammo we can
> find.

Can you tell us a little about the project?
unknown (Guest)
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:
>>
>> i know they crop up from time to time on the list...  if anyone out
>> there has
>> or knows of any good ones i'd like to browse them.  we're pushing ruby
>> and the
>> de-facto language behind a huge project so we'll need all the ammo we can
>> find.
>
> Can you tell us a little about the project?

http://www.osd.noaa.gov/class/

i sit across from, and am advising, the guy whos in charge of
identifying
promising technologies for the project.  there group just started using
ruby
queue and dirwatch in a near-real-time system - good advertising ;-)

-a
James B. (Guest)

> i know they crop up from time to time on the list...  if anyone out
> there has
> or knows of any good ones i'd like to browse them.  we're pushing ruby
> and the
> de-facto language behind a huge project so we'll need all the ammo we can
> find.

Have you looked at
http://www.ruby-doc.org/whyruby

--