Forum: Ruby on Rails Creating Application on base directory?

Jon Blower (Guest)

Just wondering if its possible to set up an application to run on a base
domain? If so, how?

If you dont know what I mean so when I goto http://localhost:3000/ I
dont
get the rails information page?

If you still dont get me (Im finding this hard to explain) then hope
this
structure helps:

http://www.myapp.com/ <http://www.myapp.com/controller/>   <--- Would be
Front page of website

http://www.myapp.com/edit/ <--- Go here to edit posts

htpp://www.myapp.com/post/  <---- go here to make a new post

etc..

Regards,

Jon
Chris C. (Guest)
on 2006-02-22 19:34
have a look in

config/routes.db

this file controls the incoming requests, look through the comments and
you should be fine, remember though that it's first come first serve, by
which I mean the first 'match' made will be routed so keep an eye on the
order of your routes

hope this helps
Chris
Chris C. (Guest)
on 2006-02-22 19:35
that was meant to be ' config/routes.rb ' NOT .db! oops, mistype
Jon Blower (Guest)
Cheers for the quick response. I'll take a look now!

Regards

Jon
Ben M. (Guest)
Jon Blower wrote:
> If you dont know what I mean so when I goto http://localhost:3000/ I
> dont get the rails information page?

If you're just talking about showing a "home" page instead of the rails
information page,
there are instructions how to do that on that information page....
Basically just delete
or replace the index.html page out of /public and/or set what controller
to call in routes.rb.