Re: puts behaviour

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of James B.
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:29 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: puts behaviour

I have a number of “puts” in my testcase file.

Why?

When I run my test
harness using ruby -w test/testcase.rb the first “puts” in the second
method prefixes the output string with a ‘.’ I cannot seem to locate
any reference to this behaviour. Under what circumstances
does “puts”
without any argument produce ‘.’ as output?

I think you’re just seeing the default testrunner behavior.

Dan

Berger, Daniel wrote:

I have a number of “puts” in my testcase file.

Why?

So that I could see certain values as they changed while developing the
test cases. They are all gone now. But the leading -dot- on some of my
directory paths was most confusing for a few moments.

Regards,
Jim