Forum: Ruby on Rails why 'hello world' doen't work?

Mark S. (Guest)
on 2006-02-22 05:29
I just learn RoR.

I try a 'hello world' here
http://www.smtservers.com/demo/

you can see all my code.

I hope 'hello world' works on the URL.

http://www.smtservers.com/demo/say/hello

But I get a 404 error.

Please help me.Thanks

Simon C. Wex (Guest)
From the looks of it, you don't have your webserver configured for
running ruby or rails. Since it looks like you're running apache 1.3,
you want to install mod_fastcgi. (please someone correct me if I'm
wrong)

Also, as a side note, I noticed your company name. Do you know what
first comes to mind when I read "S & M Technology" ?

-Simon
Fish M. (Guest)
on 2006-02-22 16:34
You don't have to have fastcgi installed on apache V1.3. It just depends
on the speed of your machine!

Simon C. Wex wrote:
> From the looks of it, you don't have your webserver configured for
> running ruby or rails. Since it looks like you're running apache 1.3,
> you want to install mod_fastcgi. (please someone correct me if I'm
> wrong)
>
> Also, as a side note, I noticed your company name. Do you know what
> first comes to mind when I read "S & M Technology" ?
>
> -Simon
Derek C. (Guest)
Presumably the OP needs to set up the 404 handler to call the CGI [or
FGCI etc.].
I don't know how to do that for Apache.