Forum: Ruby Checking for gems that need to be updated

Pat M. (Guest)
Is there an easy way to list which installed gems are out of date?
Basically it would look at the local gems, compare them to the latest
remote versions, and just show me if there's a newer version
available.

Pat
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Pat M. wrote:
> Is there an easy way to list which installed gems are out of date?
> Basically it would look at the local gems, compare them to the latest
> remote versions, and just show me if there's a newer version
> available.

Why not just do

  gem update
Pit C. (Guest)
Pat M. schrieb:
> Is there an easy way to list which installed gems are out of date?
> Basically it would look at the local gems, compare them to the latest
> remote versions, and just show me if there's a newer version
> available.

Pat, I once wrote a little script to do just this. If you're not on
Windows, I think you'll have to change the way I call the gem command.

Regards,
Pit
Ian G. (Guest)
Hi All,

		I am considering learning ruby but tend to program graphics. Will ruby
be
beneficial to me?

		All the best
				Ian G.
Ian G. (Guest)
Hi All,

			I am considering trying  ruby but use graphics a lot, so will ruby be
of
much use   e. g. is there a graphics library?

		All the best  Ian G.