Forum: Ruby on Rails Switching to production environment

Eric Czarny (Guest)
Hey All,

I can't seem to find a straight answer, but I was wondering if
someone could provide me with a simple explanation of switching to
the production environment. It looks like I could just alter
environments.rb under /config, but that seems like a hack. How would
I go about getting my application running in the production environment?

Cheers,
Eric Czarny

removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Tom M. (Guest)
On Feb 21, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Eric Czarny wrote:

> I can't seem to find a straight answer, but I was wondering if
> someone could provide me with a simple explanation of switching to
> the production environment. It looks like I could just alter
> environments.rb under /config, but that seems like a hack. How
> would I go about getting my application running in the production
> environment?

Uncomment this line in environment.rb:

# ENV['RAILS_ENV'] ||= 'production'

Then, you can set the RAILS_ENV environment variable
before starting the application.

--
-- Tom M.
Joe (Guest)