Forum: Ruby HighLine 1.0.2 Released

James G. (Guest)
HighLine 1.0.2 Released
=======================

Fixed all outstanding issues.

What is HighLine?
-----------------

(from the README)

HighLine was designed to ease the tedious tasks of doing console
input and output with low-level methods like gets() and puts().
HighLine provides a robust system for requesting data from a user,
without needing to code all the error checking and validation rules
and without needing to convert the typed Strings into what your
program really needs.  Just tell HighLine what you're after, and let
it do all the work.

What's new in this release?
---------------------------

(highlights from the CHANGELOG)

* Added ERb escapes processing to lists, for coloring list items.
Color escapes
   do not add to list element size.
* HighLine now throws EOFError when input is exhausted (for Cntrl-D
support).

Plus documentation and examples for the new features.  We also fixed
all reported bugs!

Where can I learn more?
-----------------------

HighLine is hosted on RubyForge.

Project page:   http://rubyforge.org/projects/highline/
Documentation:  http://highline.rubyforge.org/
Downloads:      http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=683

How do I get HighLine?
----------------------

HighLine is a gem, so as long as you have RubyGems installed it's as
simple as:

$ sudo gem install highline

If you need to install RubyGems, you can download it from:

HighLine can also be installed manually.  Just download the latest
release and follow the instructions in INSTALL:

James Edward G. II
Greg Brown
James G. (Guest)
On Feb 20, 2006, at 6:34 PM, James Edward G. II wrote:

> HighLine 1.0.2 Released
> =======================
>
> Fixed all outstanding issues.

...but we unfortunately introduced a new one.  ;)

HighLine's character and password reading features are broken in this
release.  We have located and fixed the problem now and will try to
get a release out in the next few days...

Sorry for the hassle.

James Edward G. II
James G. (Guest)
On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:35 AM, James Edward G. II wrote:

> this release.  We have located and fixed the problem now and will
> try to get a release out in the next few days...

HighLine 1.0.4 is out, fixing the issue described above.  If you
updated to 1.0.2, I strongly recommend going up to 1.0.4 now since a
large chunk of HighLine's functionality was affected by this bug.

Sorry about the hassle.

James Edward G. II