Forum: Ruby on Rails what is gem?

Mark S. (Guest)
on 2006-02-20 07:35
Ruby is a language and Rails is a framework.

but what is gem?I am new for RoR. I need your help.

Thanks

Mark
Mikkel B. (Guest)
a gem is a way to distribute a ruby app/lib...

gem is a packageformat, that developers can choose to adopt.

gem, the executable, is a package manager, able to install/remove gem
packages, taking care of versions etc...

On Monday, February 20, 2006, at 6:35 AM, mark sheran wrote:

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
James L. (Guest)
On 2/19/06, mark sheran <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Ruby is a language and Rails is a framework.
>
> but what is gem?I am new for RoR. I need your help.

It's a package tool.

http://docs.rubygems.org/