Forum: Ruby on Rails Asynchronous Encryption?

Dave S. (Guest)
Hi Railers,

I'm looking for something to do asynchronous encryption - where the
encryption
and decryption keys are different. This is for a scenario where I want
to be
able to store some information in the database that can only be
decrypted in
a different physical location using a secret private key (which will not
be
stored on the machine doing the encrypting).

I'm trying to work out if http://ezcrypto.rubyforge.org/ is suitable for
my
purposes, and I'm thinking perhaps it isn't.  It also seems that
http://crypt.rubyforge.org/ isn't suitable either. Does anyone have any
pointers for what I could use to do this?

I found Ruby-GPGME http://deisui.org/~ueno/ruby/ruby-gpgme/ but it only
works
with GPG 0.3.x, which will quite likely cause me problems as I have
GPGME
1.0.2 installed (and in use), though I suppose I could compile 0.3.x
separately if it will let me have both installed at the same time - I
don't
know.

Essentially I'm looking for something along the lines of PGP (GPG) or
similar,
but any form of reasonably strong asynchronous encryption will do.

Cheers,

~Dave

--

Dave S.
Rent-A-Monkey Website Development

PGP Key: http://www.rentamonkey.com/pgpkey.asc
Tom M. (Guest)
Looks at sentry:

gem install sentry

--
-- Tom M.
Dave S. (Guest)
On Sunday 19 Feb 2006 23:23, Tom M. wrote:
> Looks at sentry:
> gem install sentry

Thanks Tom, looks perfect!  :-)

~Dave