Forum: Ruby RedCloth development?

Jay L. (Guest)
It's been a few months since RedCloth got moved off to SVN, and it looks
like there's been some activity, but no new releases.  Since 3.0.4 is
seriously broken, any chance of a gem release soon?  How stable is HEAD?
Every few days, someone asks "Why don't line breaks work?" and discovers
they have to revert to 3.0.3.  If 3.x isn't ready yet, maybe 3.0.4
should
just be pulled?

Jay L.
Hawley (Guest)
on 2006-02-21 07:07
Jay L. wrote:
> It's been a few months since RedCloth got moved off to SVN, and it looks
> like there's been some activity, but no new releases.  Since 3.0.4 is
> seriously broken, any chance of a gem release soon?  How stable is HEAD?
> Every few days, someone asks "Why don't line breaks work?" and discovers
> they have to revert to 3.0.3.  If 3.x isn't ready yet, maybe 3.0.4
> should
> just be pulled?
>
> Jay L.

Hi Jay,
  I was able to solve the trouble that 3.0.4 was giving me by using the
hints on
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/RedCloth/versions/26

what it boiled down to was doing this:
module ApplicationHelper