Forum: Ruby Deploying a Ruby desktop app

unknown (Guest)

Suppose I build a ruby desktop app to talk across the internet to a
database. How do I make it easy for users that do not have ruby
installed to use this program? I'm looking for a one click solution.

Thanks,
Peter
Jamey C. (Guest)

Google for rubyscript2exe.
_blackdog (Guest)
hi

I use the 1 click installer for ruby, then i have a second installer
for my app. the app installer is created with nsis.

the installer installs various gems i use too, like fxruby, and
activerecord which has been great for cross internet db access
(actually over a plink tunnel).

two clicks anyone?

BD
Erik V. (Guest)
> Suppose I build a ruby desktop app to talk across the
> internet to a database. How do I make it easy for users that
> do not have ruby installed to use this program? I'm looking
> for a one click solution.

Start reading here:

 http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/distributingrubyapplica...

gegroet,