Forum: Ruby Ruby Cocoa Droplet?

Jeff P. (Guest)
on 2006-02-18 17:54
I'm a Ruby N..  I plan on using rails for my web related Ruby
adventures, and have been considering Ruby Cocoa for a first try at
writing stand alone desktop apps - but don't know anything about it yet.

I have a simple idea for a first ruby program I would like to write, and
it would really be sweet if it could easily wind up as a small Mac
applet that  you just drop a text file on and it automatically generates
an output file from that.

I was wondering if there is easy support in Ruby Cocoa for this use
model, or would it require a bunch of "roll your own" effort for the
droplet aspect of the program?

Is there some other even simpler way to do a droplet app with Ruby?

thanks,
jp
Joe B. (Guest)
In article <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>,
 Jeff P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> model, or would it require a bunch of "roll your own" effort for the
> droplet aspect of the program?
>
> Is there some other even simpler way to do a droplet app with Ruby?

Look for DropScript. You drag a script onto it and it turns it into a
droplet application.

--
Joe B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Have GNU, will travel.