Forum: Ruby on Rails Effect queues with RJS templates and scriptaculous

Glen S. (Guest)
Hi.  I was wondering if it's possible to combine effects for
individual elements with RJS templates.  I notice that scriptaculous
has support for a concept called effect queues
(http://www.railsdevelopment.com/2006/01/15/effectqueue/).  Is there
anyway to use these queues from rjs?
Cody F. (Guest)
Glen,

You can use the effect queues from RJS by passing the :queue option to
visual_effect.

A simple example:

page.visual_effect :highlight, 'first', :queue => 'end'
page.visual_effect :highlight, 'second', :queue => 'end'
page.visual_effect :highlight, 'third', :queue => 'front'

It doesn't look like scoped queues will work yet, though.

On 2/18/06, Glen S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi.  I was wondering if it's possible to combine effects for
> individual elements with RJS templates.  I notice that scriptaculous
> has support for a concept called effect queues
> (http://www.railsdevelopment.com/2006/01/15/effectqueue/).  Is there
> anyway to use these queues from rjs?

Cody F.
http://www.codyfauser.com
Abdur-Rahman A. (Guest)

Well I have made a patch for supporting visual_effect but it isn't
applied yet.
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/3530