Forum: Ruby on Rails Sharing a Hashtable between all sessions?

Marcus O. (Guest)
on 2006-02-18 13:48
Is it possible with RoR?
In my case this shared Hashtable is a language translation table for
several hundred terms, and does not need to be updated.
I would like it to be shared in order to avoid loading it once for each
session.

Thanks,
Marcus O.
Kent S. (Guest)
Why don't you define it as a constant and initialize it in
environment.rb?

--
Kent
---
Kent S. wrote:
> Why don't you define it as a constant and initialize it in
> environment.rb?

Hi Kent, sorry for my late reply,
well, your suggestion works just fine, thank you!

Best regards,
Marcus Ob.