Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Why doesn't this work!

Buntin, Seth - KATE (Guest)
Okay.  So I might see the issue.

Looking in the development.log file I see:

TechStandard Load (0.015000)   SELECT * FROM
tech_standards WHERE subpoint <> 0

Then I see:

TechStandard Columns (0.000000)   SHOW FIELDS FROM
tech_standards

Is that the problem?
Nic W. (Guest)
The SHOW FIELDS is just Rails getting the names of the columns, try
that in your MySQL client and you'll see.

Your log is displaying in ANSI colors, which is why it looks a little
off. You can disable that with:

ActiveRecord::Base.colorize_logging = false

But why don't you cut and paste that select statement into a MySQL
client and see what you get back? Are you sure this command works as
you'd like?

On 2/17/06, Buntin, Seth - KATE <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> tech_standards
> you sure of your syntax?
> >

> > <option value="0" selected="selected"></option>

> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

- Nic