Forum: Ruby Some error happends when I use SDL model..

CFC (Guest)
I've get some problem..
When I use the SDL model in my application, RDE showed the following
message..

D:/MinGW/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
`require__': no such file to load -- sdl.so (LoadError)

How can I solve this problem?

Greetings:)
David V. (Guest)
DÅ?a Piatok 17 Február 2006 12:48 CFC napísal:
> Hi,
> I've get some problem..
> When I use the SDL model in my application, RDE showed the following
> message..
>
> D:/MinGW/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
> `require__': no such file to load -- sdl.so (LoadError)
>
> How can I solve this problem?

Well, first questions first - do you have SDL and the Ruby binding
installed
at all?

Also, as you're using the MinGW version of ruby: Is your SDL binding
correctly
installed? If you compiled it yourself, probably so, but if you're using
gem with a prebuilt binary, it might have ended up in a directory Ruby
isn't
expecting it. Look for directories called "i386-mingw", and
"i386-msvcrt",
and which one the file sdl.so is in.

David V.