Forum: Ruby on Rails How do I use ODBC with rails.

Larry K. (Guest)
I have an app that needs to retreive data through an ODBC connection on
windows platform.  Has anyone done this?  Would someone be able to walk
me
through it? or point me to the relavant docs.  My searches haven't
turned up
any usefull information so far.

--
Best Regards,
-Larry
Larry K. wrote:
> I have an app that needs to retreive data through an ODBC connection on
> windows platform.  Has anyone done this?  Would someone be able to walk
> me
> through it? or point me to the relavant docs.  My searches haven't
> turned up
> any usefull information so far.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> -Larry
> "Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
>             --- E.Taft Benson

I'll be along for the ride.  I don't think we have similar goals, but
I'm interested in seeing what turns up.

I'm particularly interested in *writing* an ODBC interface to my app's
web service.  Since so few people ever need to write an ODBC interface,
there isn't much written about it.  It also seems I could have an
ADO.NET interface, too.  Unfortunately, there's too much buzzword for me
to comprehend at the moment.

   Jake
Jonathan V. (Guest)