Forum: Ruby File.exist? svn2rss.rb

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Bil K. (Guest)
on 2006-02-16 12:41
(Received via mailing list)
Hello,

We're migrating from CVS to Subversion and I am looking
for a Ruby post-commit hook to produce an RSS feed.

I found this November '05 post by Jamis,

  http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/budgetwise/20...

but I can't seem to find any code.  (I can't understand
the Python version in SVN's contrib/commit-hooks directory.)

Anyone?

Thanks,
Kouhei S. (Guest)
on 2006-02-16 18:47
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

In <dt1kml$ebe$removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "File.exist? svn2rss.rb" on Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:38:34 +0900,
  Bil K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> We're migrating from CVS to Subversion and I am looking
> for a Ruby post-commit hook to produce an RSS feed.

tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.rb is what you looking
for. This script not just sending an e-mail but also
producing a RSS feed.

  commit-email.rb \
    "$REPOS" "$REV" removed_email_address@domain.invalid \
    -r http://YOUR.HOST/REPOSITORY/TOP/URI \
    --rss-path /PATH/TO/RSS.rdf \
    --rss-uri http://YOUR.HOST/URI/OF/RSS.rdf \
    ... and other options ...


Thanks,
Bil K. (Guest)
on 2006-02-16 23:25
(Received via mailing list)
Kouhei S. wrote:
> Hi,

Hello.

> Bil K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> We're migrating from CVS to Subversion and I am looking
>> for a Ruby post-commit hook to produce an RSS feed.
>
> tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.rb is what you looking
> for. This script not just sending an e-mail but also
> producing a RSS feed.

I'll have another look at it, but I think it may be
too general purpose for me.

I am looking for a single-purpose, 20-liner (maybe by using
Weirich's Builder?) that I'll be able to understand within
a couple minutes 3 years from now... :)

Regards,
why the lucky stiff (Guest)
on 2006-02-16 23:46
(Received via mailing list)
Bil K. wrote:

> I am looking for a single-purpose, 20-liner (maybe by using
> Weirich's Builder?) that I'll be able to understand within
> a couple minutes 3 years from now... :)

Here you go.  This is exactly what you're looking for.  Hope you are
well.  Say hi to your mom for me!

_why
Kouhei S. (Guest)
on 2006-02-18 05:05
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

In <dt2qce$msj$removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "Re: File.exist? svn2rss.rb" on Fri, 17 Feb 2006 06:23:39 +0900,
  Bil K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I am looking for a single-purpose, 20-liner (maybe by using
> Weirich's Builder?) that I'll be able to understand within
> a couple minutes 3 years from now... :)

Here is another one. It uses RSS::Maker.
But... this has 190 lines...

Usage:
  % svn2rss.rb REPOS_PATH REVISION \
      --name YOUR_REPOSITORY_NAME_OPTIONAL \
      --repository-uri http://YOUR.REPOSITORY/URI \
      --rss-path /OUTPUTTED/RSS/PATH.rdf \
      --rss-uri http://OUTPUTTED/RSS/URI.rdf


Thanks,
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.