Forum: Ruby Re: rdoc windows issues

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
> > > require 'rdoc/parsers/parse_rb.rb'
> >
> > Hm, that .rb can be removed.  But I digress.
> >

> Do you mean the whole file, or just the extension,
> $ ls /c/ruby/build/ruby/lib/rdoc/parsers/parse*

Just the extension.

> Generating RI...
> c:/ruby/build/ruby/lib/yaml.rb:9:in `require': no such file
> to load -- stringio (LoadError)

It looks like the stringio library (a C extension) failed to build
properly.  Check the ext/stringio/mkmf.log file and see what happened.
Or, try to build it manually by running "ruby extconf.rb; make" and see
what happens.

That, or there's some sort of path issue.

Regards,

Dan
Alex C. (Guest)
On 2/15/06, Berger, Daniel <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> It looks like the stringio library (a C extension) failed to build
> properly.

Success!
After make clean, i rebuilt ruby and with the changes to __FILE__
this time everything worked.

Now have complete system!

You D'man.