Forum: Ruby on Rails Lighttpd1.4.10 problem on debian

Tony J. (Guest)
I have installed lighttpd1.4.10 on my debian server.

The installation goes well and rails 1.0 do recognize lighty when
I run script: ruby script\server.
However, after the first request to lighty, lighty returned the right
page, then
shut itself down:(

Did anybody had similar experience?

Thanks!

-Tony
Alan F. (Guest)
on 2006-02-15 18:08
Hi Tony, I reverted to 1.4.7 because I had the same insoluble problem.

A.

Tony J. wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed lighttpd1.4.10 on my debian server.
>
> The installation goes well and rails 1.0 do recognize lighty when
> I run script: ruby script\server.
> However, after the first request to lighty, lighty returned the right
> page, then
> shut itself down:(
>
> Did anybody had similar experience?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Tony
Tony J. (Guest)
on 2006-02-15 22:43
Thanks Alan, good to know I am not the only one. I will then revert it
back too,
maybe try 1.4.9 first :)

-Tony

Alan F. wrote:
> Hi Tony, I reverted to 1.4.7 because I had the same insoluble problem.
>
> A.

John M. (Guest)

1.4.10 was doing wierd things on OS X for me. Reverted to 1.4.9 and
all is well again.

   - John

On 16/02/2006, at 6:43 AM, Tony J. wrote:

>> A.
>>

> --

John M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

"Life creates itself in delirium and is undone in ennui."
   - Emile M. Cioran
Grant Hollingworth (Guest)
> I have installed lighttpd1.4.10 on my debian server.
>
> The installation goes well and rails 1.0 do recognize lighty when
> I run script: ruby script\server.
> However, after the first request to lighty, lighty returned the right
> page, then
> shut itself down:(

I had the same problem.  There's a patch for it
(http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/changeset/992) and it should be fixed in
the next version.