Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails on Apache

Bruce Scharlau (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm trying to get rails to run under apache and have looked at the
various how-to pages, but don't seem to see an answer to my basic
question:

Can I do this without using mod-rewrite? Do I have to use .htaccess with
various rewrite rules, or can I just do it with a really minimal
.htaccess that only says something about the AddHandler for .cgi?

--
cheers,

Bruce

Dr. Bruce Scharlau
Dept. of Computing Science
University of Aberdeen
Aberdeen AB24 3UE
01224 272193
http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla
mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Dominic M. (Guest)
Bruce Scharlau wrote:

I guess you could (untested), but you would lose Rails-style (pretty)
paths and possibly other things.