Forum: Ruby irb on windows @{[ etc

Mikkel B. (Guest)
Just to set set things straight (once more)...

Im currently stuck at a win32 machine...

unable to write @{[ in irb...

I know that there's a solution, but several searches couldnt help me...

Please obi-wan!

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
Ville Mattila (Guest)
See the http://www.rubywiki.de/wiki/FAQ, its in german but the
solution is quite obvious.

 - Ville
Mikkel B. (Guest)
On Wednesday, February 15, 2006, at 6:08 PM, Ville Mattila wrote:
>See the http://www.rubywiki.de/wiki/FAQ, its in german but the
>solution is quite obvious.
>
> - Ville

Bookmarked! Thanks a bunch...

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
David V. (Guest)
DÅ?a Streda 15 Február 2006 09:57 Mikkel B. napísal:
> Mikkel B.
>
> www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
> nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
> ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)

You really, really, really want a US layout for coding. The pinky strain
of
using AltGr for those characters gets painful real soon.

David V.
Phil D. (Guest)
"Ville Mattila" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> See the http://www.rubywiki.de/wiki/FAQ, its in german but the
> solution is quite obvious.
>
> - Ville

Just to help those of use who (only) understand english, feed that URL
to:

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

It actually does an almost understandable translation.  Sample:

Why don't function into irb under Windows some keys?

This is an error in the software: Indications, for which the AltGr key
is
needed, cannot be entered. The exact circumstances of the error are not
admit (it steps probably only with Windows 2000 and XP on), but he can
be
repaired, as in a listing (for example into own files ) a file inputrc
with
following contents is put on:
Peter K. (Guest)
For english instructions on getting irb to work with non-english
keyboards on Windows XP see:

http://www.peterkrantz.com/2005/irb-for-nonen-keyboards/

Regards,

Peter
Alex C. (Guest)
Hello,
Perhaps slightly offtopic
but the msys shell does not seem
to work properly with irb.

In cmd.exe you get a normal prompt
after starting irb, but with msys you get
no prompt at all, exactly as if you start
ruby with no command line args.

Occasionally irb crashes in msys, and I
think its due to the output issue in some way.

Anyone have some experience with this?