Forum: Ruby on Rails Controlling the controller for text_field_with_auto_complete

Dean (Guest)
Hi Rails,

I have a text_field_with_auto_complete that I would like to execute in a
different model than the view that rendered it.  Is there a good way to
go about
this?  Thanks,

--Dean
--
Take your time, take your chances
[3278.7 km, 273.4] Apparent Rennerian
On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 15:20 -0800, Dean wrote:
> Hi Rails,
>
> I have a text_field_with_auto_complete that I would like to execute in a
> different model than the view that rendered it.  Is there a good way to go about
> this?  Thanks,

----
keep hammering at this one because I am interested too... I started
playing with this but didn't succeed and put it on the side for the time
being and definitely want to get back to it.

My thinking was to put the methods into application.rb rather than the
specific models.

Craig