Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails on Sun

Kevin E. (Guest)
on 2006-02-14 19:33
Hi Everbody,

I've got a potential idea for introducing Rails to my company.  My only
shot at this is to minimize what our Ops guys would have to install and
configure to get this up and running.

Right now, our servers are Solaris boxes and we are using Sun ONE as our
web server.

Anyone got Rails running in this environment?

Also, has anyone got Rails talking to Oracle databases?

   Cheers!

      Kevin
Aly Dharshi (Guest)
Hello,

	I personally haven't go it to work on Sun ONE but its entirely possible
build pkgs for something like lighttpd and rails. Blastwave.org would be
a start
in my opinion. I think people have Rails chatting to an Oracle database.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--
Aly S.P Dharshi
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

	 "A good speech is like a good dress
	  that's short enough to be interesting
	  and long enough to cover the subject"
Leon L. (Guest)
Rails 1.0, Solaris 2.6, Oracle 10g, Apache on  a sun v880
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 2/14/06, Kevin E. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Also, has anyone got Rails talking to Oracle databases?

I haven't done anything on Solaris with Rails, but the Oracle support
is excellent.  There are a few open tickets, but they're
performance-related, rather than anything to do with data integrity.
Even 1.0 features like Migrations work fine.
Frederic J. (Guest)
Kevin,

The S. Java System Web Server 6.1 does have a fastcgi plugin that may
help support rails. I have yet to try it. Otherwise, I had good luck
with building ruby and installing rails on Solaris 10.

Fred

On 2/14/06, Kevin E. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Frederic J.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Frederic J. (Guest)
Here's some documentation on the fastcgi plugin:
http://docs.sun.com/source/819-1809/fcgi61.html

Fred

On 2/16/06, Frederic J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > removed_email_address@domain.invalid