Forum: Ruby on Rails SSO with IIS?

Jens Norrgrann (Guest)
I have a customer that I'm developing a solution for on RoR. They have
IIS
today and use Sharepoint for their intranet. Is it possible to have some
kind of single sign-on between these systems? So when a user is logged
in to
ther Sharepoint she will also be logged in to my rails-app? We haven't
decided yet on what to deploy rails on so I'm open to suggestions... If
we
would use Ruby under IIS (wich I'm a bit hesitant to do after reading
all
the horror stories), would that make it simpler? Can IIS and Rails share
the
same authentication?
Mikkel B. (Guest)
i believe there's a mod_ntlm module for apache....

You might be able to use this...

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
Thibaut Barrère (Guest)
Hi Jens

> I have a customer that I'm developing a solution for on RoR. They have IIS
today and use Sharepoint for their intranet. Is it possible to have
> some kind of single sign-on between these systems? So when a user is
logged in to ther Sharepoint she will also be logged in to my
> rails-app? We haven't decided yet on what to deploy rails on so I'm open
to suggestions... If we would use Ruby under IIS (wich I'm a bit
> hesitant to do after reading all the horror stories), would that make it
simpler? Can IIS and Rails share the same authentication?

not strictly what you talking about, but may help you depending on your
context: you could interact with SharePoint based on his web services (
see
http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/csharp/cs_webservic...
an example ), or through a COM API in share point...

just rough ideas

HTH

Thibaut
Boris (Guest)
Thibaut Barrère wrote:
> make it simpler? Can IIS and Rails share the same authentication?

Hi,

I've created a .NET httpmodule to interact with RoR via SCGI. It would
be quite doable to implement a SSO solution using this strategy based on
some form of session sharing between rails and .NET (.NET/Sharepoint
keeping RoR sessions alive and pass authentication information to RoR).

Thing in I still have a major issue with uploading binaries which holds
me back from publishing scgi.net publicly. I would be happy to share
sources to solve my and your problem ;-)

/Boris
Jens Norrgrann (Guest)
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look into it some more and see what
can come up with.