From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf Of Hogan, Brian
P.
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 2:53 PM
To: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Subject: RE: [Rails] Concatenation

I hate that :) It gets you in the views.

.to_s is your friend.

<%= @tech_standard.category + " " + @tech_standard.point.to_s + "." +
@tech_standard.subpoint.to_s %>
Eric G. (Guest)

You shouldn't even need to use to_s if you print it as a string to start
with.
<%= "This is a string with vars in it: #{@tech_standard.category}
#{@tech_standard.point} #{@tech_standard.subpoint}" %>

Eric

Buntin, Seth - KATE wrote:
> *Sent:* Monday, February 13, 2006 2:53 PM

Eric G.
http://www.ericgoodwin.com
Nick S. (Guest)
Bah, thats all old school stuff, and I cringe at its site...try this!
:)

<%= "#{@tech_standard.category}
#{@tech_standard.point}.#{@tech_standard.subpoint }" %>

Ahhh..thats better! And no need for any to_s methods on the way...and
this is all pure Ruby, no Rails magic here.

-Nick