Forum: Ruby on Rails Component or plugin

Mathias Stjernström (Guest)
Hi!
I have been learning rails for a couple of week now.
Mostly i've worked on a authorize/roles system and now i go to the
point that i want to separate it from en rest of my application to
share it with others and to use it in other projects.

It is a quite simple system that i implement using before_filter.

My vision is to separate the authorize methods and even some basic
login/logout/edit/delete/list user actions & views to a component or
plugin (do not know if these are right for me).

Is there a way to use before_filter on a components action?

It would be realy neet to have some basic views in a compnent
directory and then be able to override these like you do with
scarfolding.

Any one have any sugestions?

Cheers!

Mathias
unknown (Guest)
Hello,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:53:33AM +0100, Mathias Stjernström wrote:
> plugin (do not know if these are right for me).
>
> Is there a way to use before_filter on a components action?
>
> It would be realy neet to have some basic views in a compnent
> directory and then be able to override these like you do with
> scarfolding.
>
> Any one have any sugestions?

Maybe you should have a look at http://rails-engines.org/. If I
understand well, engines are what you are looking for.

Bye

--
Damien MERENNE   <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
http://www.cosinux.org/blogs/dam/

In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records
it notes that all world records are held by Chuck Norris,
and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever
gotten.