Forum: Ruby test::unit runner in eclipse rdt

Bret P. (Guest)
When i run the Test::Unit runner inside eclipse RDT, sometimes i get a
grey bar instead of a green bar. Is the runner trying to tell me
something about my tests or is this just a display glitch? I don't have
any errors or failures.

This seems to happen repeatedly with particular tests and suites. I'm
using Eclipse 3.1.1 and RDT 0.6.0 and Ruby 1.8.2.

Bret
Dean W. (Guest)
This is speculation, but I recall that when running Junit tests (i.e.,
Java), the grey bar indicates that execution never finished. For
example, if I was running under the debugger and I didn't allow all
the tests to finish. Could that be happening here?

dean

On 2/13/06, Bret P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

--
Dean W.
http://www.aspectprogramming.com
>This is speculation, but I recall that when running Junit tests (i.e.,
>Java), the grey bar indicates that execution never finished. For
>example, if I was running under the debugger and I didn't allow all
>the tests to finish. Could that be happening here?

I think that is it. I have some tests that exercise threads that spawn
processes and i think there may be a problem that they don't exit
correctly.