Forum: Ruby on Rails about rails connection pool?

Joe B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-13 07:41
hi all,
how to config or use rails connection pool,   like jsp, tomcat
connection pool.
regards.
Joe B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-13 08:29
no one knows?

Joe B. wrote:
> hi all,
> how to config or use rails connection pool,   like jsp, tomcat
> connection pool.
> regards.
Kelly F. (Guest)
Hmm.

As far as I know we don't really do _connection_ pooling in rails.
Instead
we use things like fastcgi or scgi and do -- I guess you would call it
--
'process' pooling. Each process has your database connection(s) open.

Does this answer your question?

-Kelly
Joe B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-13 11:29
thanks kelly,  understood.

Kelly F. wrote:
> Hmm.
>
> As far as I know we don't really do _connection_ pooling in rails.
> Instead
> we use things like fastcgi or scgi and do -- I guess you would call it
> --
> 'process' pooling. Each process has your database connection(s) open.
>
> Does this answer your question?
>
> -Kelly
sayoyo S. (Guest)

You can have a look at the class in
connection_specification.rb

The connection pool is stored inside of two hash
varaibles, the key is the activerecords::base
subclass, the value is the parameters of the
connection.

Saiho

http://mail.yahoo.com