Forum: Ruby on Rails Invoke render multiple times

Marcus A. (Guest)
I need to invoke render() multiple times. This is not to render a
response to the browser but to get the result of render() and put it in
files. Is there another way to do it if it's not possible to do it
directly with render()?

Btw, what's the reasoning behind only allowing render() to be called
once a request?

/Marcus
Alain R. (Guest)
Marcus

   > I need to invoke render() .. to get the result of render() and put
it in
   > files. Is there another way to do it if it's not possible to do it
   > directly with render()?

render_to_string
in ActionController::Base

Alain