Forum: Ruby the problem of install mysql driver using gem for Rails

Gao Z. (Guest)
on 2006-02-12 08:02
No more words, see the console textï¼?

Results logged to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out

C:\>gem install --remote mysql
Attempting remote installation of 'mysql'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7 for
inspection.
ruby extconf.rb install --remote mysql\nchecking for mysql_query() in
mysqlcli
ent.lib... no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

Results logged to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out
David V. (Guest)
DÅ?a Nedeľa 12 Február 2006 07:03 gao zhixin napísal:
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7 for
> checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
> checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
>

> Results logged to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out

The MySQL driver apparently requires compilation of the native bindings.
Do
you have a C compiler installed on your machine and the environment
variables
properly setup for the MySQL includes and libraries?

And if you want to answer "Huh?" to the above paragraph, either use a
win32
gem if one's available, ask the people maintaining the driver to make
one,
use Cygwin for development, or switch to Postgres which already has
prebuilt
mswin32 Ruby bindings available. <troll> Oh, and it also owns MySQL
</troll>

David V.