Forum: Ruby on Rails Webrick very unstable with MySQL 5.0 on Windows

rawktron (Guest)
on 2006-02-12 03:41
So, install Ruby and gem and then read the wiki post about getting MySQL
working and installed that mysql.so into the right dirs, and actually
everything works fine. Except that it's unstable - after maybe 4 or 5
queries, Webrick will crash with a segmentation fault in basically a
random module - never the same spot.

Anyone got any suggestions? Is it just the mysql.so - does it need to be
compiled on this machine maybe?

Thanks.
Anatol P. (Guest)
Yes it is known issue with old mysql.so module with latest versions of
MySQL.

Try mysql.so that I have compiled for mysql 5.0.15
http://pomozov.info/opensource.php#mysql_ruby

--
anatol (http://pomozov.info)
rawktron (Guest)
Anatol P. wrote:
> Yes it is known issue with old mysql.so module with latest versions of
> MySQL.
>
> Try mysql.so that I have compiled for mysql 5.0.15
> http://pomozov.info/opensource.php#mysql_ruby

Thanks man. Worked like a charm! This should be added to a FAQ somewhere
and linked for us newbies.

Thanks again.