Forum: Rails Engines UserEngine rake problem

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
JT Perry (Guest)
on 2006-02-12 01:03
Using edge rails and edge engines, trunk login_engine and trunk
user_engine.  WinXP

Run:
rake engine_migrate engine=user

Gets this:
(in C:/***)
** Invoke engine_migrate (first_time)
** Invoke environment (first_time)
** Execute environment
rake aborted!
uninitialized constant LoadingModule


I can provide the full trace if necessary.  Any ideas?

Thanks
JT
JT Perry (Guest)
on 2006-02-12 01:45
JT Perry wrote:
> Using edge rails and edge engines, trunk login_engine and trunk
> user_engine.  WinXP
>
> Run:
> rake engine_migrate engine=user
>
> Gets this:
> (in C:/***)
> ** Invoke engine_migrate (first_time)
> ** Invoke environment (first_time)
> ** Execute environment
> rake aborted!
> uninitialized constant LoadingModule
>
>
> I can provide the full trace if necessary.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> JT

Ok this isn't a rake issue.  Webrick blows up on me as well.  I am
playing with tweaking require's and stuff in environment.rb.  I have had
no luck so far, so if anyone has any "idiot" checks, I am all ears.

Signed -- "the idiot"
James A. (Guest)
on 2006-02-12 01:48
(Received via mailing list)
This is the price you pay for playing on the edge....

First call for all bugs should be, as always, the Trac site:
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/rails_engines/tra...

I'm doing a merge to bring edge/trunk up to speed with the Rails trunk
at the moment if you don't mind waiting.

- James

On 2/11/06, JT Perry <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > ** Invoke environment (first_time)
> Ok this isn't a rake issue.  Webrick blows up on me as well.  I am
> http://lists.rails-engines.org/listinfo.cgi/engine...
>


--
* J *
  ~
JT Perry (Guest)
on 2006-02-12 01:52
James A. wrote:
> This is the price you pay for playing on the edge....
>
> First call for all bugs should be, as always, the Trac site:
> https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/rails_engines/tra...
>
> I'm doing a merge to bring edge/trunk up to speed with the Rails trunk
> at the moment if you don't mind waiting.
>
> - James
>

Yup I realize.  I have a specific need for being on rails edge.  I am
just "suffering" from the cascade effect.  I do not mind waiting at all.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything overtly stupid.  It
has been a long few days, so I was afraid I was overlooking something.

Your help is more than appreciated.
James A. (Guest)
on 2006-02-16 00:08
(Received via mailing list)
JT - there was a recent post about Engines and Edge Rails on this list
- if you haven't already, please give it a look and see how you go
from there.

All the best!

- james

On 2/11/06, JT Perry <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> >
> _______________________________________________
> engine-users mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> http://lists.rails-engines.org/listinfo.cgi/engine...
>


--
* J *
  ~
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.