Forum: Ruby on Rails Timesheet application for Rails

Bojan M. (Guest)
Hi all,
I am looking for some time tracking software for our small company. Does
anyone knows if such project on rails exists? I need simple
functionality such as recording spent time for employees and managing
projects or tasks. Ideally, it would be possible to integrate it into
Instiki and to some existing database. There are some other solutions,
but it seems to me that RoR would be ideal platform because of CRUD and
ajax support out of the box.

thanks in advance,
Bojan
Armin R. (Guest)
Hi Bojan,

	A group of friends and I code on this right now.

It will be available free of charge as a hosted application.
If you want to be a beta tester, please drop me an email
off this mailing list. I expect the timesheet app to operational in less
than two weeks.

Best regards,
  -Armin
Greg F. (Guest)
Are you going to be releasing the source?

I too would like to have a time keeping app, but my ultimate situation
would be to have it as an engine to integrate in with the login, user,
and calandar engines.  (fyi, the calandar engine is in it infancy at
this point.)

Greg
On 2/11/06, Armin R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>   -Armin
> > thanks in advance,
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Greg F.
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century
Bojan M. (Guest)
Greg F. wrote:
> Are you going to be releasing the source?
>
> I too would like to have a time keeping app, but my ultimate situation
> would be to have it as an engine to integrate in with the login, user,
> and calandar engines.  (fyi, the calandar engine is in it infancy at
> this point.)

That would be great for integration if it is created as plugin or Rails
Engine.
best,
Bojan
Armin R. (Guest)
It will be open for extensions, including webservices.
I was thinking of combining things like a todolist, etc.
Yes, a calendar would be the next logical step.

We have not yet decided whether we release the source code
or not. If many people are interested in exstending it,
mybe yes.

I will send an email to this list, once it is done.