Forum: Ruby on Rails read-only access to database?

cal (Guest)
I have a model (Query) which I use to, of all things, query the
database.  This
is to enable raw SQL access.  I want to ensure that db access using this
model
is read-only.  Short of checking the sql query for 'insert' and 'drop'
and
'update', is there a more rails-like way of doing this in my
app/models/query.rb
itself?

Thanks in advance,

cal
James L. (Guest)
On 2/10/06, cal <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I have a model (Query) which I use to, of all things, query the database.  This
> is to enable raw SQL access.  I want to ensure that db access using this model
> is read-only.  Short of checking the sql query for 'insert' and 'drop' and
> 'update', is there a more rails-like way of doing this in my app/models/query.rb
> itself?

You could have it use a separate database connection that logs in as a
user with read-only access in your database.
Tirta K. Untario (Guest)
How can we use seperate db connection since there's only 1 account per
environment? Does anyone already try this?

--
Tirta K. Untario
Bob S. (Guest)

Bob S.