Forum: Ruby on Rails Singularize and Pluralize of the word Faculty

John K. (Guest)
I am have problems with one of my model's call Faculty... my models
name is Faculty so the database should be called faculties right?
Has there been documented problems with words ending in 'y'?

Thanks for your help.

John K.
http://www.kopanas.com

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 02:07:26AM -0500, John K. wrote:
> I am have problems with one of my model's call Faculty... my models
> name is Faculty so the database should be called faculties right?
> Has there been documented problems with words ending in 'y'?

  >> 'faculty'.pluralize
  => "faculties"
  >> 'faculty'.pluralize.singularize
  => "faculty"