Forum: Ruby Debugging

Paatsch, Bernd (Guest)
Hello,

Is it possible in ruby to generate during runtime in case of an error a
log
file containing the name of the file, the line number and the line of
the
code? If so how, or where to find information about it?

Thanks,
Bernd
James G. (Guest)
On Feb 10, 2006, at 5:22 PM, Paatsch, Bernd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible in ruby to generate during runtime in case of an
> error a log
> file containing the name of the file, the line number and the line
> of the
> code? If so how, or where to find information about it?

Well, you could wrap your whole code in:

begin
   # your code goes here...
rescue Exception => error
   # write out to a file here, using method of error for info...
end

James Edward G. II
Eric H. (Guest)
On Feb 10, 2006, at 3:22 PM, Paatsch, Bernd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible in ruby to generate during runtime in case of an
> error a log
> file containing the name of the file, the line number and the line
> of the
> code? If so how, or where to find information about it?

ruby -d prints out every exception raised.

--
Eric H. - removed_email_address@domain.invalid - http://segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com